[Zope] Where is Oracle ZODB storage ? Large file support in NT 4 ?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce@uklinux.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:08:04 GMT

On 20/03/02, 10:36:41, Thomas Guettler <zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de> =

wrote regarding Re: [Zope] Where is Oracle ZODB storage ? Large file=20
support in NT 4 ?:

> I don't think this will be speed it up. I read some time ago that
> berkley storage
> is much slower than a the storgage in the filesystem of ZODB.

There are reasons other than performance to want to store ZODB in an SQL=
=20
RDBMS: you might want to access data stored in ZODB objects from program=
s=20
which have no practical interface to Zope.  Or you might simply want all=
=20
your textual data in one place where you can categorise and organise=20
them.

The applications I intend to develop with Zope have to work in an=20
environment where most programming is done in VB (ugh) and data stored i=
n=20
MSSQL Server. If I wanted to use a Zwiki, I would want the text stored i=
n=20
the MSQL datastore.

What is the current status of ZODB-in-SQL?

--=20

Bruce