[Zope] Problem calling ZPT on Object(s)

Christoph Roth c.roth@themelios.de
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:51:59 +0100

Hello,

I'm desperately looking for a hint to solve the following problem:

I have an object "myobj" with a few properties and a Zope Page
Template "mytemplate" for displaying the object's content. How can I
call the template on the object WHITHOUT putting the template's name
into the URL? I mean saying "http://myhost/myobj" should be enough to
have the object processed by the template.

I tried something out with an object based upon a DTML-Document
calling the template via DTML so that the template in turn could read
the object's id out of the request. This worked somehow but seems
complicated to me and not very stable. I feel that there must be an
easier way.

Can anybody help? Unfortunately I am still quite a beginner...

Greetings,

Christoph Roth