[Zope] Report on Solaris Zope performance available

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:41:47 +0000

As Paul Browning has mentioned this already, I thought I'd chip in.

A report on the performance of Zope under Solaris is available at

<http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris>

It's written mainly by Matt and Paul - I just helped out with test boxes and
proof-reading, so those guys should really get the credit.

There's a lot on threading in this report, as well as some thoughts as to
how to get around the problems with Solaris, threads, Zope and Python.

I'd like to draw your attention to this paragraph in particular;

"""
The University of Bristol was first exposed to the problem in April 2001. A
year on the issue is now threatening the viability of growing number
Zope-hosted applications at the institution. Moreover, the problem does
nothing by way of reassuring decision-makers that Python offers a serious
and practical alternative to the oncoming Java Juggernaut.
"""

Thoughts? Opinions? Ways forward?

Cheers
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140