[Zope] Report on Solaris Zope performance available

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:47:45 -0000

--On 21 March 2002 10:38 +0000 seb bacon <seb@jamkit.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone involved for a really interesting read.  It wasn't clear
> to me whether you folks had 'solved' the problem or not, though.  It
> sounded to me like you had.  Did I read the report too quickly, and miss
> something?

I think "ameliorated" rather than "solved". There remain question marks
over Solaris performance (and database adapters - though I'm not sure
if this is Solaris specific).

The further recommendations include:

* Audit the state of Solaris system patches on the various machines
used in the study and, if warranted, apply the latest patches that
may impact on threading performance. Re-run the tests to assess
whether performance has been effected.

* Experiment with building Python using Sun's C compiler.

* Explore the performance of adapters for other databases.

We were rather hoping that the Solaris-using subset of the
Zope community might get stuck into the last two.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/