[Zope] Help! Lost Management interface!

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:15:33 -0500

Thanks for the responses -- eventually, it started working again after I
uninstalled a Zope Product beta.  I think it was a combination of the new
product and the startup time due to a large data.fs file...

KC

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Sidnei da Silva
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:51 AM
To: Lee Marzke; Kevin Carlson
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Help! Lost Management interface!

I have the exactly same behavior here. I think this is somethin related to
ZPT and Zope2.5, however im not sure about this.

No dia Qui 21 Mar 2002 00:08, Lee Marzke escreveu:
| How fast is your server ?
|
| I've seen my server PII, 300Mhz running Linux 2.2, Zope 2.5.0 and CMF 1.2
| and many
| products start to exhibit a long startup time ( 5 minutes ), especially
the
| first time you access the
| management interface.   I'd suggest leaving the server alone for awhile
and
| see if it eventually responds.   You might want to pack the database as
| well.
|
| PS: my data.fs size is about 100Mb.
|
| At 08:42 PM 3/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
| >Should have mentioned that I restarted the server several times as well
as
| >restarting the Linux box on which it runs...

Zope
| > > to respond (or do anything).  The Zope site itself still responds but
| > > when I add "/manage" to the base URL and enter a username and password
| > > (correctly) the site hangs.  Occasionally I get the manage_top_frame
| > > display, but the other two frames don't display at all.
| > >
| > > I can enter a subarea of the site (e.g. http://localhost/test/manage)
| > > and that works fine, but the Root Folders management interface is non
| > > responsive.
| > >
| > > Any ideas?
| > >
| > > Thanks,
| > >
| > > Kevin

- --
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher)	<sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>
GNU/Linux user 257852
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Sid) 2.4.18-ben0 ppc

The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead.