[Zope] newbie question - one page per DB record

hepabolu@hetnet.nl hepabolu@hetnet.nl
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:53:26 +0100

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Zope (started two weeks ago), so if you can point me to URLs
where the following is discussed, I'd be very happy.

currently I have a set of product descriptions, one per HTML page, and an
"overview" with a list of links to each of the pages. Every page has a
navigation link to its predecessor and its successor. I also link to a
specific page from other pages (e.g. product1.html).
I currently do this by putting all the product info in an XML file to which
I apply an XSL file that produces the various HTML files.

If I put the products in a database in Zope (Gadfly would do since there are
not too many products), what should I do to get to the same results? I.e.
each page can be linked to individually from a non-Zope page and each page
has a navigation link to the previous and next products.

Thanks for helping.

Bye, Helma