[Zope] To Mr. Haqa. [ZStyleSheet possibly bloating ZODB]

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:17:13 -0300

Hello Mr. Haqa.

I think i found a bug in your ZStyleSheet Product. For some strange reason,
after upgrading to the version 4.2.3 of it in sync with Zope 2.5.1b1,
my ZODB started to get bigger and bigger with no apparent reason.
So, i asked on the #zope irc channel and SteveA told me to use
tranalyzer.py to see what was bloating it. So, after running tranalyzer,
i found a lot of lines like this:

TID: 3438E1065A63CCC @ 139644468 obs 86 len 22979 By  Anonymous User
"/ucs/tplPadrao/estilos.css/index_html"
        OID: 214ad len 221 [Products.ZStyleSheet.ZSSAttribute.ZSSAttr]
        OID: 214ae len 221 [Products.ZStyleSheet.ZSSAttribute.ZSSAttr]
        OID: 214ac len 225 [Products.ZStyleSheet.ZSSAttribute.ZSSAttr]
        OID: 21481 len 221 [Products.ZStyleSheet.ZSSAttribute.ZSSAttr]

So, the only thing that i can realize about this, is that the ZStyleSheet is
writing something to the ZODB with each access my home page.

I did not tried to look at the source to figure what the problem is,
but i will do it soon while you fix this.

Thank you for your great product.

[]'s

Sidnei

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

There's got to be more to life than compile-and-go.