[Zope] ssh and zope

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:14:24 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> Well, there's zshell but that uses a browser.

You can also use ZShell from your favorite shell using Andy McKay's
ZShellCLI. This needs more work, especially most of the ZShell commands
don't output anything when successful to better mimic the Unix commands,
so ZShellCLI is not very verbose when commands ran OK, but it can be used
this way. ZShellCLI is now part of ZShell.

The soon-to-be-released next version of ZShell will feature improvements
wrt ZShellCLI interaction, as well as an impressing preliminary support
for ZShell variables useable like the Unix shell ones (e.g. $0 ... $n,
$PATH, etc...)

I originally planned to release a new version because I've modified the
license again : since the ZPL is compatible with the GPL now, ZShell's new
license is pure GPL.

bye,

Jerome Alet