[Zope] python.core dump (!) & segmentation fault - Zope v2.5

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:42:19 -0500

chas wrote:

>Have just upgraded to Zope 2.5.0 running on Python 2.1.2 and
>am experiencing python.core dumps when I do nothing more than
>click on folders (no transactions, no editing). Probably the
>best thing about it is that it only takes 8 or 9 clicks
>before it crashes so it's very reproducible. Have run this
>with gdb and got this ~
>
>(gdb) c
>Continuing.
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>0x8093eaf in PyTuple_New ()
>
>Is this a known bug ? I've imported a few of my previous
>packages and that's about it. What should I be looking out
>for or is there anything else I can do to debug further ?
>
>Am running on FreeBSD4.4 Release.
>
>Failing my ability to get this running, does anybody
>have a recommendation for a previous, very stable
>version of Zope. I'm still using pre-2.2 at the moment.
>
>TIA.
>
>chas

Chas, you probably need to rebuild python with a bigger default thread
stack size.  You have to code a bit to do it; it involves modifying the
thread initialization code.  It isn't tough, I dont know if anyone has
packaged up a patch for it.  You can check the zope-dev mail archives
for details.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/