[Zope] Setting up a dedicated Zope box

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:02:30 +0100

Tom Nixon writes:
 > I'm going to be setting up a Zope server soon for a public web site. The
 > server will also be running mySQL and possibly Apache. What Operating
 > System is recommended both from the point of view of ease of Zope
 > installation and also stability/performance etc?
I would prefer Linux.

 > Finally, what would be considered a minimum spec for such a server?
That depends on your load:

  I used Zope on a 100 MHZ Pentium with 32 MB RAM.
  It was not fast (it was slow!) but worked as I have been the only
  user.

  Now, I am using Zope on a 1.4 GHZ AMD Athlon with 600 MB DDR-RAM
  and it flies. I would expect it to handle quite a few concurrent
  users.

Dieter