[Zope] locale roles don't work with HTMLDocument procucts

Marcus Schopen marcus@localguru.de
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:02:43 +0100

Hi,

I have problems with HTMLDocument (both products) on on Zope 2.5.0
(woody debian).

Installed the HTMLDocument product
(http://www.zope.org/Members/sf/HTMLDocument). After that I created a
local role "lehstuhl", which has for testing purpos same rights as a
manager (I just selected all). Then I created a new folder "/test" with
an user "test". User "test" is set to local roles "lehrstuhl". As user
"test" I created some HTMLDocuments in the /test folder using Zope's
managment screen.

Problem: when connecting via FTP as user test to folder "/test", it's
impossible to to download these HTMLDocuments. FTP Client says
"unauthorized". Upload is fine. Giving user "test" the role "Manager"
everything works fine. That's strange, because role "lehstuhle" has all
rights like a manager !!!

I get a similar behaviour with the other HTMLDocument wrapper
(http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/howto_wrapper). Here is download o.k.,
but upload doesn't work.

Before upgrading to Zope 2.5.0 both products worked without problems
with 2.3.3.

Any help is welcome !!!

Thanks & bye
Marcus