[Zope] WebDAV, Object types: Fie!

Iago iago@iago.net
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:29:17 -0800

  (First off, thanks for the tips on the breadcrumb stuff... I got it
  working)

  I've got some content I want to migrate into a new zope, and WebDAV
  currently looks like my best option (I'm on MacOS X, uploading to a
  zope living on a sun box). I've got the WebDAV working fine.

  When I drop *.html files into the dav windows, the files upload as
  DTML Document object types. The problem is, I want them uploading as
  Files, not DTML Documents, darn it... or at least, I seem to want to.

  See, when I put this in a python script:

    print context['content.html']

  ... if it's a DTML document, I get the source of the DTML document,
  HTML escaped. By contrast, if it's a File (text/html), it just passes
  the HTML on through.

  So I guess there are two solutions, but I'll settle for one of them

    1) How do I change the object type of an object?  (I doubt this is
       possible, so a corollary would be, how do I get WebDAV to stop
       treating my .html files as DTML Documents)

    2) How do I get a python script to recognize that if the content.html
       object is a DTML Document, it should not escape the HTML?

--
Fred Hicks <iago@iago.net>