[Zope] [Help] Setting up MySQLconnection

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:24:18 -0800

I am trying to set up a mySQL DB adapter in Zope.  I am somewhat of a
Zope and Linux newbie so I am probably doing something dumb.  Here is
what I have done:

- Downloaded MySQL-python-0.9.0 to the Zope install dir;
- tar -xzvf MySQL-python-0.9.0.tar.gz
- cd MySQL-python-0.9.0

At this point I looked at the README.  It requires Python 1.5.2 or
higher (I think we have 2.2) and a recent MySQL (which I believe we
have).  I did not edit setup.py because we are running Red Hat.  I
then do

- python setup.py build

and it chugs along until it gets to the gcc _mysql.c when it gives me an error

_mysql.c: In function `_mysql__fetch_row':
_mysql.c: too many arguments to function `PyTuple_Resize'

This looks to me like a call to the Python API and it appears that my
libraries define this differently from what the code expects.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

- rmgw

http://www.electricfish.com/hawkfish/

Richard Wesley           Electric Fish, Inc.       hawkfish@electricfish.com

"There's nothing intellectual about wandering around Italy
  in a big shirt, trying to get laid."
     - Rowan Atkinson, "Black Adder:Ink and Incapability"