[Zope] [Help] Setting up MySQLconnection

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:35:49 -0800

At 1:55 PM -0500 3/25/02, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
>Richard Wesley wrote:
>
>>I am trying to set up a mySQL DB adapter in Zope.  I am somewhat of
>>a Zope and Linux newbie so I am probably doing something dumb.
>>Here is what I have done:
>>
>>- Downloaded MySQL-python-0.9.0 to the Zope install dir;
>>- tar -xzvf MySQL-python-0.9.0.tar.gz
>>- cd MySQL-python-0.9.0
>>
>>At this point I looked at the README.  It requires Python 1.5.2 or
>>higher (I think we have 2.2) and a recent MySQL (which I believe we
>>have).  I did not edit setup.py because we are running Red Hat.  I
>>then do
>

>Since Zope is not supported under Python 2.2, I *strongly* recommend
>building everything with Python 2.1.2 instead.

Is 2.1.1 OK?  It appears that 2.2 is messing up someone else and we are going .

There appear to be a number of issues here and we are going to start
by taking your advice and going back to 2.1.1.  Hopefully everything
will start working then.

- rmgw

http://www.electricfish.com/hawkfish/

Richard Wesley           Electric Fish, Inc.       hawkfish@electricfish.com

"By eleven in the morning, math had been going on for two hours."
     - Rosemary Wells, "Voyage to the bunny Planet:First Tomato"