[Zope] RE: "real file" product

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:58:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Jud Dagnall wrote:

> Try the ExtFile or LocalFS products. They both allow you to store files
> outside of Zope.
To add one more for confusion issues: ExternalFile seems to target the
same job.

I did not test all three but I will have to use one of them for the
following purpose:

  My application has to store images and descriptional informations about
  those images.  For all description stuff I would like to use PostgreSQL
  but I would like to store the images themselves in the local file
  system and just the complete path in the database (quite usual for
  this purpose if I'm informed correctly).

Now I have to create image file objects dynamically from my application
which has kind of "Upload image" mechanism.  I would like to have an
easy to use create_externel_image method but the documentation how to
do that is quite sparse for all three products.

Some examples, how to do that would be helpful.
Moreover I would like to have a comparison of the differences of these
three just to decide for the right one for my application.

Kind regards

         Andreas.