[Zope] ZSyncerMute not 2-way ?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:25:28 -0800

ZSyncer does not do this by default.

> So, my question is: how do I specify a 2-way sync ? I want that new
objects
> added to either ends be propagated to the other Zope, more like a
peer-to-peer
> fashion rather than a master/slave copy.

You have to have a ZSyncer on either box anyway. Run a cron job or write a
hook to automatically propogate between the two. Might be a useful little
script actually... example scripts will be happily added to the distro.

> If that is not possible with the current ZSyncerMute, I wonder how people
can
> use this in a 1-master & N-slave copies kind of environment, while
updating the
> same subtree on the server. I mean, if you have N developers with Zope
syncing
> their stuff say under /Zoo against a master Zope, how do you avoid
stepping on
> each-other's toes ?

You cant, it wasn't designed to do many to one for that exact reason. It is
explicitly designed to for one to many. That configuration was a) not part
of my original need and b) all the possible many to many permutations you
could get yourself into made my head hurt. Its called CVS, I didn't want to
recreate it in Zope objects.
--
  Andy McKay