[Zope] help me: ZODB Couldn't load state

Navindra Umanee navindra@cs.mcgill.ca
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:24:00 -0500

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
>   *  Zope 2.4.x (x <= 3) with Python 2.1.1
>
>      This configuration can cause memory corruption with all sorts
>      of weird behaviours.
>
>      Restarting Zope caused the problem to disappear temporarily.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and help offered.  I am still
not sure what happened.  My Zope is the latest from the Python1 line,
and I think the problem started and persisted after the server was
restarted.

We recovered but only by tagging on new transactions to a backup we
were lucky to have.  I'd be anxious to avoid this kind of corruption
in the future of course.  Zope seems to do the right thing by writing
only to the end of the file, so I'm not sure if this wasn't an OS
level issue.

Cheers,
Navin.