[Zope] TALES problem

Mike Barrett mike@daboyz.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:37:13 -0800 (PST)

	Hi, I just started playing with Zope, and noticed that TALES
seemed to be the preferred way to do HTML presentation.  The way I had my
site set up before that using DTML methods.  I had a dtml method for my
header, a dtml method for my footer, and then the index_html called those
two methods, and put some data between them.

	My problem is that I tried to switch all of those pieces over to
TALES, and while it worked for the header, as soon as I changed the
footer, it gave me an error.  It looks like TALES checks to make sure that
every closing tag has an opening one, but not the other way around.
	Am I using TALES incorrectly?  Should I instead be using DTML
Methods or Documents for this purpose?

                Mike Barrett | "I used to read, now I go to raves."
             mike@daboyz.org | -- Random MUNI Rider, speaking
              www.daboyz.org |    to my friend Allison.