[Zope] Having to keep typing "./start &"

kapil thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:08:19 -0800

On Friday 29 March 2002 04:40 pm, Douglas Carnall wrote:
> Assuming you have followed:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO
>
> the next thing to look at is
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jens/docs/newbie_caveats
>
> I think your problem may be to do with the fact that the Zope binaries for
> Linux ship with the -D (=debug) option in the start script enabled by
> default. With this enabled, when you close the terminal you started zope
> in, you stop zope.
>
> If I am right, then this is an FAQ. Each time I answer it, I plaintively
> wonder aloud why the -D flag would be the default, but I am generally
> ignored.

because it signifies debug, and thus will present useful error messages to
the console which can be used to debug a development setup. a newbie setup
going straight into production might have problems with this....  but that
seems unlikely.

another option is to use nohup

-kapil