[Zope] re: error message importing zope file

Mark Halegua phantom21@mindspring.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:20:01 -0500

I was away on a trip and using my laptop to work on a project.  (by the way,
traveling on Amtrak was great: they have a couple of seats in each car near
an electric outlet and I was able to work for hours, with no distractions -
i.e., no telephone, no pager, no tv - and got a lot of work done learning
Zope.)

I created a few pages of a site for a client, and tried to export it from the
laptop to my desktop system for eventual transfer to the client's web server.
 However, the import isn't working.  I know I have the file in the import
directory on my office server (running SuSE 7.0, Zope version 2.4.1) and
using a workstation with SuSE 7.2 to connect throught the Konquerer browser.

The laptop is running SuSE 7.3 with Zope version 2.4.0.

The error message I keep getting when I try to import the file through the
Zope interface is:

Error Type: UnpicklingError
Error Value: invalid load key, 'ö'.

I don't want to redo the work, so can anyone tell me why the import isn't
working?

Thanks,

Mark