[Zope] Still Plagued With Date Formatting Bug in Text Field

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:31:21 -0700

I asked this question about 10 days or so ago but I haven't gotten (or at
least seen) an answer. I have looked for the answer in Zope docs until my
eyes bleed and I just can't figure this out.

I have a text field called start_date. I set its default value to today's
date by setting its value to (_DateTime().strftime("%b. %d, %Y"))

The date shows up in the field, but only the first item of the formatted
string displays. In this example, the field contains "Apr." and that's it.
Now if I set the default value of a textarea to the same exact value, the
date displays correctly.

Anybody have *any* idea what in the world is going on here?