[Zope] color-syntax editor for dtml

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:02:42 -0400

Casey, it looks good but I've made it a point to try to keep XServers off my
system (Win2000) if I can.  Cygwin is fine, I've got it, but I've never been
happy with XServers (though it's been a few uears since last I used one).
So I'm going to give nedit a miss for now.

Tom P

[Casey Duncan]

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 02:16 pm, Thomas B. Passin allegedly wrote:

> I don't know that you can get it to recognize dtml files with no
extensions,
> but you can manually set the document type for a specific document to be
> whatever you like.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom P

This is one of the things I really like about nedit. It can introspect the
file to guess its type. Introspecting dtml (and zpt) is trivial, so it works
very well for extension-less Zope scripts.

Nedit is free, runs on most plaforms, although not natively under windows
(it
requires cygwin). It is however, very intuitive to use.