[Zope] Acquiring object from Products instances

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 2 May 2002 22:45:27 +0200

Luca Manini writes:
 > I've a product that defines a classe ageForm.
 > I've a PythonScript that adds an ageForm instance to a folder.
 > After adding the instance it calls a method on it.
 > This methods tries to access an objects using acquisition.
Apparently, you do not tell us what your problem is...

I expect, the problems cause is that constructors in Zope
usually do not return the constructed object (but either "None"
or the id of the constructed object).

The standard idiom is:

    om.manage_addProduct[<product_name>].<constructor>(id,....)
    obj= getattr(om,id)

Dieter