[Zope] Two Cosmetic Issues

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Fri, 03 May 2002 09:25:52 -0700

I use Zope on both Mac and Win2K in the course of a day. In recent weeks, I
have moved my Mac environment to OS X. I have noticed a couple of cosmetic
issues that, while really cosmetic, do have an impact on the usability of
the ZMI for me.

First, on both Windows and Mac, the "Narrower" button seems to have zero
effect. I click it many, many times because I think perhaps the incremental
change built in is small. It never moves. Not a pixel. This is a problem
because for some reason the width at which it is seton my Win2K box is such
that I get horizontal scrolling in object editors that extend the width of
the available area. This makes editing a real pain. On my Mac, for reasons
having, I'm sure, to do with arcania like aspect ratios, I don't get
horizontal scrolling but I still cannot make the window narrower.

Second, on OS X, the default font used in the object editors is not well
suited to the display parameters. All text entered into text objects is a
bit hard to read and, when selected, is broken and thin. I have reset my
system to turn off anti-aliasing below 12 points, to no effect.

Anyone have any ideas how, e.g., I might fix these problems myself?

Runniing Zope 2.3.3 on Linux.