[Zope] ZRoundup

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Sat, 4 May 2002 09:32:40 +1000

On Sat, 4 May 2002 07:23, dman wrote:
> I need to choose an issue tracking system to deploy at my current
> employer.  Roundup looks good and it even has an existing zope
> product.  However I ran into a problem installing it and haven't
> gotten any info on the roundup mailling list.

I responded to your query in that mailing list with a request for additional
information, which you did not reply to. I assumed the problem had gone away.

> I installed the ZRoundup product as usual and it is listed in the
> "add" menu.  However I get this error when I click the submit button
> to add an instance :

Do you get any errors when Zope starts up? Are there any errors in the
Products entry of the Control Panel?

> ~~~~
> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Resource not found
> Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
>
> Check the URL and try again.
>
> Resource:
> http://deborah.iteams.org:9673/roundup-support/manage_addZRoundup
> ~~~~

Is any further information embedded in this page if you view the source?

> The Folder where I am trying to add the ZRoundup object is
> http://deborah.iteams.org:9673/roundup-support/.
>
> The product contains the following snippets in __init__.py and
> ZRoundup.py respectively :
>
> ~~~~
> # product initialisation
> import ZRoundup
> def initialize(context):
>     context.registerClass(
>         ZRoundup, meta_type = 'Z Roundup',
>         constructors = (
>             ZRoundup.manage_addZRoundupForm, ZRoundup.manage_addZRoundup
>         )
>     )
> ~~~~
>
> ~~~~
> modulesecurity.declareProtected('View management screens',
>     'manage_addZRoundupForm')
>
> modulesecurity.declareProtected('Add Z Roundups', 'manage_addZRoundup')
> def manage_addZRoundup(self, id, instance_home, REQUEST):
>     """Add a ZRoundup product """
> ~~~~
>

> I don't know anything about developing Products.  Can anyone tell me
> what is wrong with it?

Sorry, but without further information, it's really hard for me to see what's
going wrong.

    Richard