[Zope] import and setting tmp dir

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon, 06 May 2002 13:18:07 -0500

When I try and import a large zexp, I get a 'Error Value: [Errno 28]
No space left on device' (traceback below).  If I do a 'df' while the
import is processing, I can see the it is my root partition that is
filling up.

My zope install dir does not live on the root partition, and I have
set the TMPDIR env var in my zope start script to point to a non root
partition that has plenty of space.  When I start the python
interpreter in this environment, with the same command that I use to
start zope in 'start' and test the tempfile config, it points to the
dir I set with TMPDIR (ie, /workn/tmp)

>>> import tempfile
>>> print tempfile.mktemp()
/workn/tmp/@13559.0

However, if I restart zope and try to do the import again, I get the
same device full message and I see with df that it is the root
partition that is filling up again.

I have no idea why this is happening -- is it possible that there is
some tmp file allocation that is going on independently of tempfile
with the import, and if so, can anyone suggest how I can set where
that storage should reside?

Thanks,
John Hunter

Zope Version
(Zope 2.5.1b1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)
Python Version
2.1.3 (#1, Apr 12 2002, 00:33:22)
[GCC 3.0.4]
System Platform
linux2

Traceback:

Zope Error
Error Type: IOError
Error Value: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Troubleshooting Suggestions
The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please
  refer to the HTML source for this page.
If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
  Thank you for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Zope)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 88, in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 39, in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.5.1b1-src/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 521, in manage_importObject
    (Object: Zope)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.5.1b1-src/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 537, in _importObjectFromFile
    (Object: Zope)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 79, in importFile
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 234, in commit
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 235, in commit
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 152, in _importDuringCommit
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/TmpStore.py, line 77, in store
IOError: (see above)