[Zope] Re: ZopeTime() Error

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:10:09 -0400

questions, the zope-web list os for Zope.org (website) issues only.

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:32:17PM -0600, Mike Tran wrote:
> I can call the  <dtml-var ZopeTime()>  variable from Zope's root folder, but
> i cannot access this variable from anyother sub folders.  Zope's traceback is
> telling me that the 'ZopeTime' variable is not defined globally.  Can anyone
> show me how to fix this please?  thanx.

Please use <dtml-var ZopeTime> or <dtml-var name="ZopeTime"> (equivalent) or
use <dtml-var "ZopeTime()"> or <dtml-var expr="ZopeTime()"> (again, both
equivalent). <dtml-var ZopeTime()> looks up an object with the full name
"ZopeTime()" (including the parens) which does not exist.

See the Zope Book on Zope.org, chapters on DTML for more info on the
difference.

--
Martijn Pieters