[Zope] converting < to &lt; problem in page templates with Javascript

Mark Lilly mark.lilly@conceracorp.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:11:23 -0700

Hi,
I am trying to import into a page template a Javascript File.
I use this:
<script
tal:content="nocall:root/CT/Scripts/J_Scripts/calendar.js">hold</script>

I get the same text without the nocall expression.

That file is brought into the template, except that in the Javascript code,
all the '<' and '>' are converted to &lt; and &gt;

This damages the Javascript code.

For example, the following line of javascript is changed
original:->>  for(var i=0; i<3; i++)

changed:->> for(var i=0; i&lt;3; i++)

Notice, in the changed version, there are 3 semicolons (' ; ') instead of 2,
and the Javascript parser in the browser throws an error.

Can i bring the text from the javascript file in Exactly as it is?  I can
make it work in DTML like this, but want to use ZPT.
<script>
	<dtml-var calendar.js>
</script>

Thanks,