[Zope] Using Dieter's Dispatcher

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun, 12 May 2002 18:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dieter,
Your dispatcher product looks perfect for one of my applications.  I've
downloaded it and installed it, but am having a bit of trouble getting it
to work.  An example in the docs might have helped...

In my testbed to test the product, I have a single form with 3 text
fieldsi implemented as a DTML method, basically three HTML input
statments wrapped in a form with a submit button.  The form's
action references the dispatcher.  I call the form "forma" and
the dispatcher "doform".

I have a python script, formadesc, that returns a list of dictionaries,
one per form variable giving name, initial value, fixed, permananent, and
dtype per the documentation.  Everything else is left to default.

I created a Session Data Manager object called FSSession.

The bindings of forma and formadesc and FSSession are done throuygh the
manage interface.

Using the  doform is the dispatcher instance,

        <dtml-var expr="doform.new()">

should create new object (forma instance) and render it.

        <dtml-var expr="doform.edit()"

renders the form with filled-in values from the current session,

        <dtml-var expr="doform.update()"

whereas update renders the form with saved values or new values
with new values taking precedence.

	<dtml_call expr="doform.__call__()">

is used to save variables in the session object and then dispatch
to an object with the format (.*)__disp(.[x]])? found somewhere
in the form.  (A bit more explantion and and example would help
here....)

Is my understanding of how to use the product correct?
I think I am missing something fundamental as the small example
I put together fails with an attribute error in _setup.

-d