[Zope] making product from the filesystem

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Mon, 13 May 2002 19:40:43 +0200

hello,

I'm attempting to make my first Zope product but I have some problems to
install it to test it behavior. I've just put my code under the
/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products directory, but Zope doesn't load my
product. Is there anything else to do ? (there is a __init__.py which
initialize the product, I took MailHost as example to construct my
product)

In a more general way, I don't understand how to reinstall a product
which has been removed from the Zope www control panel... Does the
products live in the ZODB ? Is there any problems with installing a
product in Zope for testing (code may change directly in the filesystem) ?

I didn't found consistent information about how to construct Zope
products from the SF instead of from the www interface, and I'ld be able
to read a document which answer to all those questions :-)

cheers

--
Sylvain Thénault