[Zope] Kinterbasdb + Firebird + Zope Q's

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 23:31:10 -0700 (PDT)

Ahoj Stanislav,
Thank you VERY much for the reply. I have copies of
ZFirebirdDA and Kinterbasdb. What I can not figure out
is how to make python extensions accesable to Zope.
For instance when I add the ZFirebirdDA Zope Product I
get this import traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\TelOnyx\lib\python\OFS\Application.py",
line 531, in import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict,
global_dict, silly)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\TelOnyx\lib\python\Products\ZFireBirdDA\__init__.py",
line 91, in ?
    import DA
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\TelOnyx\lib\python\Products\ZFireBirdDA\DA.py",
line 91, in ?
    from db import DB
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\TelOnyx\lib\python\Products\ZFireBirdDA\db.py",
line 25, in ?
    import kinterbasdb, DateTime
ImportError: No module named kinterbasdb

The KinterbasDB extensions are available as a pyhton
distutil but the distutil will not detect my zope
server. It will only find my ActivePython interpreter.
So I tried compiling the source using the free Borland
Compiler but the setup.py file fails. I have never had
to use a python extension (I stared programming with
python 4 months ago). What are the proper steps for
using KinterbasDB (or any python extension) with Zope.

ďakujem vám,
Derek Basch
Portland Oregon USA

--- Stanislav Marszalek <smarszalek@digi-trade.cz>