[Zope] Re: Common issue: Maintainance of Zope products

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:54:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, John Schinnerer wrote:

> Seconded...I find it annoying, anyhow!  I recall a recent thread on
> this - I think the general response was something like "great idea, go
> ahead and do it..."  ;-)
I know this kind of response in OS development.  The problem is to make
suggestions reasonable enough that someone greps the issue and starts
implementing ;-).  And no, I will not do it because I are busy caring
about my Debian packages ;-).

> Perhaps a simpler place to start than a whole Debian-style BTS is a
> 'dead or alive' status flag on listed products (and an obvious link to
> a list of products at zope.org...).
Perhaps it wouldn't be so hard to implement a BTS because it is just
Open Source (as well as the Mozilla BTS IRC).

Kind regards

         Andreas.