[Zope] Kinterbasdb + Firebird + Zope Q's

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 08:02:24 -0500

Derek Basch wrote:
> The KinterbasDB extensions are available as a pyhton
> distutil but the distutil will not detect my zope
> server. It will only find my ActivePython interpreter.
> So I tried compiling the source using the free Borland
> Compiler but the setup.py file fails. I have never had
> to use a python extension (I stared programming with
> python 4 months ago). What are the proper steps for
> using KinterbasDB (or any python extension) with Zope.

I suggest going ahead and installing kinterbasdb in your ActivePython,
then go look at its site-packages subdirectory (in Lib?).  In all
likelihood, you'll find a single "_kinterbasdb.dll" or similar file
there, or perhaps a subdirectory.  Copy this to your Zope's Python's
site-packages.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am