[Zope] Authentication problem with IE 5.0, Linux Netscape and other browsers

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:48:11 +0200

Hello list,

on our productive system we are running Zope 2.4.3.
We use LDAP authentication by using the LDAP User Folder product.

On a test server, we upgraded to Zope 2.5.1.
After establishing the LDAP user folder, authentication works fine on
all (tested) browsers.

We want to migrate the Data.fs from 2.4.3 to 2.5.1 by simply copying it.
BTW: Is there a better way?
But after replacing the original Data.fs on the 2.5.1 system with the
2.4.3 Data.fs, we cannont authenticate anymore in Windows:IE and
Linux:Netscape, Mozilla and Konqueror, although it still works under
Windows Netscape.

We immediately get the "Not authorized" error message instead of the
authentication window.

Even disabling the LDAP authentication and using the standard Zope
authentication instead doesn't help.

What's wrong here?
I don't even have a glance in which direction to walk.

Who can help?

Thanks a lot.

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.com

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen