[Zope] HTTP Cache & Zope (Relative/Absolute URL's, seperate servers)

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:26:12 +0200

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:

>I am working onn adding Squid to my Zope setup to speed things up, but am
>wondering abour the URL's.
>
>In many parts of the site, and even in the default setup of CMF for example,
>absolute URL functions are used.
>
>Now, this becomes a problem if I want to run Squid on a separate machine,
>since I'm guessing Zope will guess it's URL as being different from what is
>being used by the user.
>
>If I have http://mydomain.com setup as the Squid cache, but the Zope site
>actually lives at http://nocache.mydomain.com , Zope will give URL outputs
>as the "nocache" version, which is a problem, since I want Zope to *think*
>it's actually on mydomain.com ...
>
>Has anybody run into this problem ? How do I get around it ? For my own
>stuff it's easy enough, but in the case of CMF content, it's a problem since
>a lot of the skin stuff uses absolute paths ....

You need a doze of "VirtualHostMonster". Install an instance in your
root and call it "vhm" or somesuch (not important) and then set up your
proxy/cahce server to call it via one of those stranges url's explained
in the vhm's readme.

regards Max M