[Zope] Locked out of Zope!

Adam Getchell AdamG@hrrm.ucdavis.edu
Tue, 14 May 2002 14:27:11 -0700

I came in on the middle of this discussion, but in a similar situation I
used zpasswd:

Python zpasswd -u NewUser -p Password access

It will ask for domains, which you can ignore.

--Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard McKinley [mailto:richard_mckinley@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:32 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Locked out of Zope!

Thanks to everyones whos given me feedback on this so far..

I've studied your advice for creating an emergency user in the initfile,
then restarted zope.  Unfortunately the user/password is not recognised.
I've tried this multiple times, rebooting the machine, restarting the
machine, made sure zope was not running when the password was changed etc.
Is there anything I've missed out?

Does the emergency user only have access to specific directories or can I
log in to the root localhost:8080/manage with it?

Is it possible to use the tranalyser to edit the data.fs to reverse the
action of encrypting user passwords or am I wasting my time?

Thanks again,
Richard