[Zope] Help- windows authentication advice needed

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Tue, 14 May 2002 16:13:03 -0700

Hi,
I have posted a few messages about windows domain level security and zope.
I have gotten maybe one no-so-helpful response.  I don't know if people
don't know or I am forming my question wrong.  Here goes another try.

background:
I am somewhat familiar with basic zope use and canned product installs with
good docs but no guru and not familiar with python

I want to:
build  a zope intranet which checks to see what windows group someone
belongs to before they can do certain things- aka only my department users
can view and add stuff.
be able to allow my department users to use intranet without joining (CMF
requires one to join for some things) while blocking other departments- this
can be differentiated with windows group memberships

What I have done so far:
installed jcNTUserFolder-0.2.2
but all I could list was the users on local machine that Zope was installed
on (not the domain users or groups)
I also tried another product which worked with jcNTUserFolder and that
claimed to get NT groups also but it broke my basic zope security because it
was replacing files at the root zope level (I guess it hacked the main zope
security files)

I am running:
windows 2000 (with some NT users)
zope 2.5.1
CMF 1.3b (i may chuck this though if I cannot get the authentication to work
well)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Products, how-tos, code examples...

Sean