[Zope] XML in Zope

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 18:58:38 -0700

I had in mind to use DTML documents as the storage mechanism for the main
documents at the core of an application I'm building for a client, but it
turns out they are going to need to do some things that would be pretty
cumbersome in a DTML document or method. So I'm investigating using XML for
these documents.

Searching zope.org turns up a lot of stuff about XML but, as far as I can
tell, only one product: XMLDocument. But it describes itself as out of date
and replaced by ParsedXML, which, as far as I can tell, hasn't had a
product release yet.

I can't tell from the ZQR which XML implementation it is documenting.

This is all made more complex by the fact that I cannot for the life of me
get an external script using any of the xml library stuff to run, but I'm
not asking for help with that at the moment. I'm trying to work my way
through it.

So should I download and install the XMLDocument product and use it from
DTML (ugh) or is there a better way to do this?