[Zope] How to get the "pure" source of a pagetemplate back ?

John Adams jadams@inktomi.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 22:22:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> Some care had to be taken if more than one person modifies the online site.
> But if there were changes, I could just cut and paste the source from the
> textbox into my local editorwindow. Until pagetemplates came around, here I
> only get the text with all
> macros expanded. So my question:
>
> how do I get the pure unexpanded text of a pagetemplate from a Zope-server
> back ?

To add to this question, is there any way (or could a way be hacked
together) to allow editing of files on the command line instead of through
the web? It'd be nice to check pages out, edit pages in emacs,  and check
them back in a la CVS.

Editing inside the TEXTAREA block hurts.

-john