[Zope] How to get the "pure" source of a pagetemplate back ?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 23:26:06 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> Until pagetemplates came around, here I only get the text with all
> macros expanded. So my question:
> how do I get the pure unexpanded text of a pagetemplate from a
> Zope-server back ?

If you mean in the management interface...there is a checkbox, 'Expand
macros when editing', in the Edit view of a page template (upper right,
just below 'Browse HTML Source' link).  Uncheck it and the macros won't
be expanded.  It is also available in the Properties view of a page
template (Name == Expand, a boolean) - and in 2.4.1, it seems to work
better in Properties.  The Edit view one seems to have some bugs with
taking effect right away.

--- John Adams <jadams@inktomi.com> wrote:
> To add to this question, is there any way (or could a way be hacked
> together) to allow editing of files on the command line instead of
> through the web?

Not sure what you mean by 'on the command line'...

> It'd be nice to check pages out, edit pages in emacs,  and
> check them back in a la CVS.

There's no source control built in, but you can always edit in your
favorite editor and upload to zope using the File upload form (and
download using the 'View or Download current text' link just above the
upload form).

I suppose combining this with using a version would be a sort of kludgy
source control system...

cheers,
John S.