[Zope] How to get the "pure" source of a pagetemplate back ?

Kevin Littlejohn darius@obsidian.com.au
15 May 2002 19:32:43 +1000

We've been using cvs, and a short script as part of the product that
refreshes the tal pages from disk.  So we cvs checkout the product, and
all our tal pages are in the "/ptl" directory in there.  We work on the
tal in dreamweaver/vim/whatever the person in question prefers, check in
the working copies (and we can all run our own Zopes to test locally/run
unit tests, where appropriate), then through the management screen hit a
"refresh TAL" button we've added to the instances of the product in
question.  That runs a method that walks through the filesystem deleting
whatever it finds in Zope that matches and loading the new content in
instead.

Works best for product development, as opposed to general site
development, although I'm sure you could do something akin to that for
general devel, using a custom "reloader" object or something.  Means we
have the product under cvs where it rightfully belongs, and we can
regenerate fsck-ups at a moment's notice.  Also makes rolling out copies
to new machines a lot easier...

KevinL