[Zope] IDE for ZOPE

Raj NS rnshas@yahoo.co.in
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:59:13 +0100 (BST)

Hello

I'm trying to write a COMPLETE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT
ENVIRONMENT for zope . I'll soon be out with a layout
of how I'm going to work. This mail posting just gives
you some idea .Though it is in a very prelimenary
stage , i plan to get first prototype as soon as
possible.

Here I solve some of ur queries (if at all u have)

Q.What is IDE for ZOPE?
A.To make similarities it is something like a
NS-Composer,MS-FrontPage. But exclusively make ONLY
for ZOPE development environment. That is you DONT
work on the server directly from a webbrowser . You
work on a buffer manupulate using tools and send it
back to the zope . The main Advantage is that it will
be
1.FAST
2.ROBUST
3.Advantage of TOOLs inside IDE ie making sites
directly from w-y-s-w-y-g techniques, no need to
remeber each and every HTML tags,
4.Attribute access/manupulation for each an every ZOPE
OBJECT
5. You can guess the rest.

Q.Ok,You sound Gods, Show me codes
A.Well, As i told u its in a very preliminary stage. I
have not yet released the Codes. I'll do that soon.

Q.hmm, Lets cya work till date.
A.I'm using Tkinter ( TCL/TK gui toolkit , make by our
own Guido ), which is 100% pure Python .The advantage
is Platform independens and ofcouse the power of
Python.You know IDLE ( python default editor which
comes with python) is made in Tkinter.
So the codes till now are form Tkinter .In which i'm
trying to make tree widget to import objects( I'm
stuck here - as im writing this mail ).It uses XML-RPC
to get objects from current path to the end  Ex. if
URL is http://something.com/foo then from current
object (foo) to the end of tree ( say foo has
bar1,bar2 .. foo/bar1/bar2) ... so I have to make
a tree of objects
     <foo>
       |-<bar1>
        -<bar2>

(ANY SUGGESTIONS?)

Q.I'm using Dreamweaver,Emacs..etc .. Do i need some
other IDE?
A. Dreamweaver/Emacs are not IDEs at all , well they
might help you manupulate objects but not there
properties. The reason is that they use FTP/WebDav ..
which dont transfer properties ... (mostly ) ... where
as XML does
More over they dont know atall about an customerised
objects.

Q. How much you ganna charge?
A. Im not M$ , It will b free open source.Provided you
burn some of your braincells to enhance its features
:)

Well, Though I'll really excited towards having a IDE
for Zope . It all depends on you responce guyz , Hope
Im not disappointed.

Keep Zoping
-Raj
Email : Raj Shastrakar < shastrakar@hbcse.tifr.res.in>

Everything you always wanted to know about cars and bikes,now
 at: http://in.autos.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html