[Zope] How to deal with the famous ZCatalog + SiteRoot bug?

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Wed, 15 May 2002 18:33:46 +0200

Garikoitz Araolaza wrote:

> Should I directly replace 15 lines of code with that couple of lines?
> Why did the original programmer bother writing 15 when he could do it
> in 2 lines?

I am more interrested in getting my hand on the _person_ that created a
method called "url" in one of the standard modules. Was it really that
hard to imagine that some class "might" want to have an attribute called
url sometime in the future???

So creating a class and making it catalog aware makes one spend several
hours finding out why ones class does not work. And it turns out that
the simple attribute called 'url' was the problem.

Oh did I mention that this happened to A Friend Of Mine?

regards Max M