[Zope] folders with same names (newbie question)

Marie Robichon robichon@esrf.fr
Thu, 16 May 2002 11:04:24 +0200

--=====================_8529549==_.ALT

At 11:26 14/05/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Forgive a newbie trying to help a fellow newbie.  In the absence of
>comments from the wizards I would suggest from my reading of the Zope book
>that you will find the issue has to do with the namespace that is at the
>top of the stack.  I don't think any acquisition happens by going down a
>tree.  Instead, the acquisition of index_html at the root put all of the
>root's objects into the stack and anything matching the target name is
>being executed from that context.  I suspect you need one of the namespace
>managing commands to put the context back at the 'here' level (lowest
>branch/leaf) so that a missing target in that context will be found by
>acquisition going up the tree instead of a match at root happening first.
>
>For what its worth!  If this makes sense, you might post a question about
>the syntax to control the namespace and get more focused replies.  The
>answer could be as simple as a <dtml-with ...  filled in with here or the
>underscore namespace, but I'm over my head to guess further.
>
>Your navigation plan sounds great.  Simple elegance!  Looking forward to
>seeing how you accomplish it.
>
>If I can help further, yell!  I know how frustrating a no-reply on the
>maillist can be.
>Regards,
>Gary

Hi Gary,

It was a real pick-me-up getting your mail this morning!  Being a newbie is
very hard: fortunately help from the community counterbalances the
frustration of sifting thru howtos, mailing list and books.

Yes, I agree with your comments about the namespace, I think that's what's
causing the problem.  In fact I do have a <dtml-with Machine> in a method
that does not seem to be closed properly, but when I try to add a closing
tag it baulks.  Fortunately Casey Duncan from zope.com has answered my
mails and asked me for the code of my methods so I think I should soon get
a reply.

Thanks for the compliment on the structure.  We're now studying going on to
page templates, so the structure may change slightly.  We also have to work
out how our editors submit their pages which is a real headache, since we
have editors that in our past system used to create whole mini-sites and
ftp them to our server.  We now want them to use our template, but they
cannot ftp from dreamweaver with objects called index_html since there is
no extension, and if they add an extension so that Zope recognises them as
ZPT we no longer have the default index_html object.
--=====================_8529549==_.ALT

At 11:26 14/05/02 -0700, you wrote:<br>
a newbie trying to help a fellow newbie.&nbsp; In the absence of comments
from the wizards I would suggest from my reading of the Zope book that
you will find the issue has to do with the namespace that is at the top
of the stack.&nbsp; I don't think any acquisition happens by going down a
tree.&nbsp; Instead, the acquisition of index_html at the root put all of
the root's objects into the stack and anything matching the target name
is being executed from that context.&nbsp; I suspect you need one of the
namespace managing commands to put the context back at the 'here' level
(lowest branch/leaf) so that a missing target in that context will be
found by acquisition going up the tree instead of a match at root
happening first. </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
this makes sense, you might post a question about the syntax to control
the namespace and get more focused replies.&nbsp; The answer could be as
simple as a &lt;dtml-with ...&nbsp; filled in with here or the underscore
namespace, but I'm over my head to guess further.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
great.&nbsp; Simple elegance!&nbsp; Looking forward to seeing how you
accomplish it.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
yell!&nbsp; I know how frustrating a no-reply on the maillist can
be.</font><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote>Hi Gary,<br>
It was a real pick-me-up getting your mail this morning!&nbsp; Being a
newbie is very hard: fortunately help from the community counterbalances
the frustration of sifting thru howtos, mailing list and books.<br>
Yes, I agree with your comments about the namespace, I think that's
what's causing the problem.&nbsp; In fact I do have a &lt;dtml-with
Machine&gt; in a method that does not seem to be closed properly, but
when I try to add a closing tag it baulks.&nbsp; Fortunately Casey Duncan
from zope.com has answered my mails and asked me for the code of my
methods so I think I should soon get a reply.<br>
Thanks for the compliment on the structure.&nbsp; We're now studying
going on to page templates, so the structure may change slightly.&nbsp;
We also have to work out how our editors submit their pages which is a
real headache, since we have editors that in our past system used to
create whole mini-sites and ftp them to our server.&nbsp; We now want
them to use our template, but they cannot ftp from dreamweaver with
objects called index_html since there is no extension, and if they add an
extension so that Zope recognises them as ZPT we no longer have the
default index_html object.&nbsp; </html>