[Zope] Importing Files + metadata into zodb

Wendy Langer wlanger@bigpond.net.au
Thu, 16 May 2002 19:44:43 +1000

Hi all,

I have about 300mb worth of legacy files which I may need to either import
into the zodb, or else be able to access through the zope interface whilst
they are still stored on the file system they are currently on.

a few vaguely related questions:

a) What  products, if any,  are available for doing a mass import like this?

b) What is the practical limit on how much data the zodb can hold? If I have
more data than this, is it possible to have more than one zodb, and if so,
how?

c) There is metadata associated with the files (ie Word metadata) which I
would like to be able to access - are there any products which would help me
to do this?

Any hints or thoughts sent in my general direction appreciated

Thanks :)

Wendy Langer
ICQ#: 71726799
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/71726799