[Zope] View Permissions

Richard McKinley richard_mckinley@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:15:34 +0000

Hi,

I want to limit access by role to the functionnality within my website.
Firstly, I need to remove the view permission from the anonymous role so
that users are required to log on to view certain pages.

I attempted to do this by unchecking the view permission against the anon
role in the security tab of the users folder within the folder I was working
in.

However, this appears to make no difference - I have even added a dtml-if
statement to the contents of the page I'm testing to explicitly check if the
current user has view permissions before displaying any data:

<dtml-if expr="_.SecurityCheckPermission('View', this())">

.. page content ..

</dtml-if>

Unfortunately, this appears to make no difference:  I've checked that the
current user is anonymous: (which proved the theory)

<dtml-var expr="_.SecurityGetUser().getUserName()">

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Richard