[Zope] NT usernames

David Burton eloquence@eloquent-designs.f2s.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 18:37:26 +0100

If you download the ActiveState Python Distribution you will find Windows Help files documenting the Python Modules, including one called
PythonWin32Extensions.

This has a section on NT Security, including getting the current username - this uses the win32security and other win32 modules which all come with the
ActiveState distribution, providing a wrapper to the NT Security API.

To use this in Zope you'd have to write an External Method that uses these modules, and to make sure that Zope can find these modules (most likely
copying them from the Python distribution into the Zope installation).

This should then be a relatively simple External Method to create.

Hope this helps,
David Burton