[Zope] Possible OT: sudden Netscape problems with adding objects? enctype?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 17 May 2002 10:37:32 -0400

["A M Thomas]

> I'm not sure this is a Zope problem, in fact it's looking like not, but
> I am having a problem adding objects to Zope using Netscape Navigator
> 4.5 and 3.04g.  In 4.5, whenever I try to submit a form with the
> attribute enctype="multipart/form-data", the browser just sits there, as
> though it's waiting for a response, forever.  3.04G crashes in the same
> case.
>
> I've been using these browsers constantly for the past several weeks
> with Zope, but as of last night they stopped working.  I cleared out the
> caches for both browsers.  I can successfully submit forms that don't
> have the enctype set.  I can add stuff using Internet Explorer.  I can
> use a Mac.  I haven't upgraded my Zope.  I've tried with JavaScript on
> and off, accepting and declining cookies.  I've used my own forms and
> tried adding plain old DTML methods and DTML documents.  The problem
> remains consistent.
>
> I tried looking around the Netscape site, but couldn't find any
> information on this.  Did a Google search from their site - found one
> other person who had posted this problem somewhere (Re: Netscape 4.75, I
> think), but no resolution.  Has anyone else had this problem?

You probably found some posts from me.  No, I never found a solution.  I do
know that the transaction would complete when I clicked on the Netscape
title bar.  Of course, that's not a solution but just a stopgap to prevent
losing your work.  I've captured the http messages going back and forth, and
still didn't find out what's happening.

Cheers,

Tom P