[Zope] HTTP Cache & Zope (Relative/Absolute URL's, seperate s ervers)

Sat, 18 May 2002 16:16:20 -0700

As someone previously said, use a VHM or something similar to Virtual Hos=
with Squid+ZServer.  That said, if you use a redirector with Squid to get
VHM interaction working (you would have to, actually - you don't have a
choice, I suggest searching freshmeat.net for pyredir), you should be awa=
re
that what gets cached is actually based on the back-end URL.  I think tha=
most well-behaving CMF tools using the getURL() function for an object wi=
ll
work with a VHM just fine, as long as your templates or scripts use this
rather than the physical path to lookup URLs...

If, by chance you are using ZEO, you want to keep your back-end Zope serv=
ers
using the same back-end URLs if you have more than one (for example, with
ZEO); compile Squid with --disable-internal-dns and use Squid's external
dnsserver process to resove from /etc/hosts to manage the names of your
back-end servers (Squid will round-robin among all IPs with the same
hostname in /etc/hosts) this way.

Sean