[Zope] Exception in transaction abort hides original exception

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
19 May 2002 11:06:26 -0400

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 14:27, Leo wrote:

> It shows a site error with "_mysql_exceptions.NotSupportedError".

That almost always only occurs when you have transactions enabled on
non-transaction safe tables and a rollback is issued for some reason,
usually due to some other exception being raised. If you started your
ZMySQLDA connection string with +, remove it; otherwise start it with -
to disable transactions; or change your MySQL tables to use a
transaction-safe table type (InnoDB or BDB).

Note to Zopemeisters: Would it be feasible to change Zope's top level
exception handling so that if another exception is raised during the
transaction abort, the original exception error page is not lost,
perhaps including both exception backtraces?

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy